How to Choose New Carpet & Flooring Wisely, Avoid Scams & Save Hundreds!
How Much Does
Read Over 200
Choosing The Right
Deals on new
Buy New Carpet
How To Select
at Lowe's or
Use My Free
Alan's Carpet Buying Checklist
By Alan Fletcher - 30-year Carpet Expert and Consumer Advocate
Before you buy new Carpet…
During The Carpet Buying Process...
If you plan to hire an independent installer... Read this article!
If your carpet dealer is supplying the installers and arranging your installation for you, then the following 6 questions are unnecessary as the dealer will be responsible to make sure the installer is qualified and has all legal affairs in order.
1. You have the right to know the name of everyone who is working in your home.
the full name and phone number of the installer, and the names of all helpers.
3. Ask for his State Issued Contractor's License Number if required in your State.
4. Ask if he has a surety bond and business liability Insurance. Ask for an insurance rider to be issued in your name and mailed or faxed to you prior to having any work performed.
5. If he has helpers, ask to see the Worker's Compensation Policy Rider that lists the names of helpers.
6. Check the policy dates carefully to make sure they are current and all premiums have been paid.
On Installation day...
Proper Care and Maintenance...
Thanks for visiting CarpetProfessor.com
It's important to make sure you buy from a Reputable Carpet Dealer
Have a Carpet Question? Search My Website